Volunteers bagging and giving out food to clients
In 1977 two women started our food pantry, by delivering food from their cars. Several years later, because of the great need, they began collecting food from local grocery stores and adding additional volunteers. They originally operated out a trailer, which they soon outgrew. As the space needs changed, they were able to gain additional rooms at the former convent and made modifications to the building. The pantry still operates from the building, thanks to the generosity of St. Joseph Church. From 2 people to 125 volunteers; 120 families per month to over 1800, Saint Joseph's Food Pantry stands out as a beacon of hope and faith in Manatee County.